![]() |
| Leaving the Birth Center |
While it didn't make my birth playlist - any song containing the words "torn limb from limb" is kind of missing the vibe I was wanting to create - we wanted this powerful song to mark his entrance into the world in some way, so...we made it his Walkout Song. We played it the morning after he was born as he left the Birth Center.
We listen to it regularly - whether in the mix at home, or for friends when they come visit. This morning before Keith left for work, I was feeding Judah in bed, but he was just being kind of fussy and frantic like he gets sometimes. Keith came into the bedroom with the iPad after his shower and said, "Judah, I know what you're wanting. You're fussing because you just want to here this," and he started playing "Lion Man."
Judah became instantly calm. Keith and I were shocked! We went with it - the three of us in bed dancing and singing along to Judah's song, Keith and I smiling at each other in surprise from time to time. After it was over, Judah remained calm and resumed feeding.
So that's it - further confirmation that this was indeed meant to be Judah Luecht's official Walkout Song. Watch out, world, Judah says, I'm with the Lion Man.
Lyrics (Written by Cam Huxford):
He could have killed us where we stood,
the Lion's wrath will not be tamed.
Mighty jaws stayed shut,
He fought through gritted teeth and bleeding fangs.
Lion Man of Judah, let Your wrath pass over me.
Lion Man of Judah, will You climb up on that tree.
Bruised and torn, He clawed, He scraped,
He fiercely pushed for Calvary.
And this Man, the Beast,
He climbed the hill and roared in agony.
Lion Man of Judah, let Your wrath pass over me.
Lion Man of Judah, will You climb up on that tree.
And be...
Crushed for the sins that I have transgressed,
Torn limb from limb, now stricken, oppressed.
Lion Man of Judah will You climb up on that tree.
Lion Man of Judah will You die, die for me.
Like a Lamb before His shearers, so He opened not His mouth.
Like a Lion, if He had, then we would all have been devoured.
Like a Man, He tasted death, He drank destruction to the dregs.
Like a King, His will advanced, He marched on like the prophets said.
Lion Man of Judah, let Your wrath pass over me.
Lion Man of Judah, will You climb up on that tree.
Weep no more, the wrath is on the tree.
Weep no more, there's no more left for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment